Recipe: Veggie Wraps with Guacamole
Calling all guacamole lovers!
Veggie wraps stuffed with guacamole and your favorite vegetables. Simple. Quick. And easy to customize to your own taste buds. You may not even need a recipe, but it helps for a guideline and a few optional ideas.
Mash up the avocados and stir in the rest of the ingredients:
- 4 avocados
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 TBS lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- optional 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
Get lettuce leaves of your choice. Iceberg, butter and Romaine lettuce leaves are often used for wraps. Cabbage leaves and collard greens are sometimes used as well.
Then slice up vegetables of your choice, such as:
- Red, orange and yellow peppers
- Sunflower greens (sprouts)
- Broccoli sprouts
- Sliced mushrooms (cooked for about 3 minutes)
- Jicama, sliced
- Carrots, shredded or thinly sliced lengthwise
- Cabbage, shredded
- Sprinkle with your your favorite no salt seasoning.
- Freshly chopped herbs of your choice. Parsley and cilantro work great.
- Flatten out a large leaf of lettuce.
- Stuff with guacamole.
- You can also use grilled organic tofu or hummus instead of guacamole.
- Add in your choice of sliced veggies.
- The only thing really to know here is not to over-stuff, as the leaves will split. It will still taste delicious, but it gets a bit messy.