Recipe: Truly Delicious Truffles
Truly delicious. And simple to make.
Truffles are such a handy dessert. They are easy to pack to take them with you, and the nuts really help keep you satisfied for hours. They also work for breakfast too.
The recipe below uses walnuts and cashews. The walnuts are for the brain-boosting benefits and the cashews provide a delicious creaminess to your truffles.
But there are so many other delicious combinations. You can try, for example:
You could add in sesame seeds in the mixture, or roll them in sesame seeds. Or try hemp seeds for excellent protein.
Here is how to make this simple satisfying dessert.
- 1 cup of medjool dates (pre-soaked in a little water to soften)
- 2 cups of the nuts of your choice, for example:
1 cup walnuts (pre-soaked overnight or for 8 hours))
1 cup cashews (pre-soaked overnight or for a few hours)
- 1/2 tsp of no alcohol vanilla extract (you could also use orange or lemon extract)
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- optional: 1 tsp maca powder
For rolling (your choice of toppings)
- shredded coconut
- cacao powder
- sesame seeds
- hemp seeds
- Drain and rinse the nuts
- Put everything (except the cacao or coconut for rolling) in to the food processor or blender
- Making into balls using an ice cream scooper. You can also use your hands
- Roll the balls into your choice of topping