Recipe: Protein-Rich Breakfast Scramble
This recipe for a tofu breakfast scramble is high in protein and will keep you feeling satisfied for hours.
Your energy will be strong and steady when your first meal not only has high quality protein, but also has the micronutrients from the added vegetables and anti-inflammatory seasonings like turmeric.
But, don’t think you can only eat this for breakfast! This delicious scramble can be used to any meal of the day.
For the scramble:
- 8 ounces of firm, organic tofu
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Sprinkle of your favorite no-salt seasoning
- optional: 1/8 tsp Kala Namak salt (While I do not add salt to my food, this particular form of salt really creates the taste of scrambled eggs due to its sulfur compounds.)
For the stir-fry or side vegetables:
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup mushrooms
- Drain any liquid from the tofu and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Use a fork to break up the tofu and crumble it.
- Heat a pan and out a little water in it.
- Put the tofu in the pan and then add the turmeric.
- Stir until combined and warm.
- If you are going to use the Kala Namak salt, add in it just before serving it.
- In a separate pan, lightly sauté the spinach (or onions and mushrooms) in a little water.
- Serve with the tofu scramble.
- Sprinkle with black pepper and your favorite no-salt seasoning.