Recipe: Portobello Mushroom Steak
Portobello Mushroom Steak is a great way to enjoy a “meaty” meal without the meat!
And, you also get the all health benefits of this delicious mushroom, which include protection from cancer and reducing inflammation.
Portobello Mushroom Steak requires very few ingredients too. Or, if you want to add a little more flavor, I have added some other seasoning options.
- 4 large portobello mushrooms (remove stem)
- small sprinkle of Coconut Aminos (unsweetened) or Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 2 TBS balsamic vinegar
- 4 TBS no salt vegetable both
- 2 TBS steak seasoning, salt free
Add these ingredients to your marinade and make sure to rub into the mushrooms:
- 1 TBS fresh rosemary leaves, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TBS fresh thyme, minced
- 1 TBS fresh parsley, minced
- Preheat oven to 350 F or 175 C.
- In a bowl, marinate the mushrooms in the vegetable broth for 10 minutes. If using the optional extra ingredients, add them into the marinade also.
- Remove the mushrooms and rub them with the balsamic vinegar and aminos.
- Sprinkle on your steak seasoning on your favorite no-salt added seasonings.
- Bake gill side up for 20 minutes.
- Turn over and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with salad and/or vegetables of your choice.
Other serving options:
Shave some macadamia nuts onto the tops instead of parmesan cheese
Top with thinly sliced black truffle
Mushroom steaks also go very nicely with quinoa or grilled, sliced organic tofu