Recipe: Mighty Creamy Mushroom Soup
Mushrooms are delicious and pack a real punch when it comes to promoting your health.
Creamy Mushroom Soup is a delicious way to get all the benefits of mushrooms in one tasty bowl. Mushrooms are well-known for their powerful immune-boosting and serious cancer-fighting properties. 
Here is a simple recipe for you.
- 2 TBS no salt vegetable broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 1 tsp basil, dried
- 750 grams or 27 ounces of mushrooms (shiitake, cremini, button, maitake, shimeji, etc.), sliced
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp of unsweetened coconut aminos or Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 400 ml or 1 can*** of light coconut milk
***I prefer not to use cans at all. So I make my own. Here is a 2-ingredient coconut milk recipe from Wellness Mama. For this mushroom soup, you can cut the quantities of coconut and water in half if you prefer.
- Sprinkle your own no salt seasoning to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped or 1/2 tsp of fresh rosemary, chopped
- Warm the 2 TBS of vegetable broth in a pot.
- Add in the onion. Stir until soft and translucent.
- Add in the garlic, oregano and basil. Make sure garlic does not brown.
- Add in all the sliced mushrooms and the aminos. Cover the pot and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add in the coconut milk. Simmer for 5-10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Serve with black pepper and your own no salt seasoning.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs