Recipe: Super Simple Hummus
Hummus. I just love it.
There are so many ways to enjoy hummus:
- On flax crackers
- With sliced veggies of your choices
- Wrapped in lettuce leaves or cabbage leaves
- On top of sliced tomatoes speckled with a little paprika
- As an accompaniment to a salad
- Straight up!
Here is a basic hummus recipe that you can whip up quickly.
Always keep some in your fridge because it is great to have on hand when you’re in a hurry and on-the-go.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas or 1 (15 ounce) can no salt added or low sodium, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup tahini or 2 tablespoons unhulled sesame seeds
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced (according to your taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- 2 tablespoons no-salt-added or low sodium vegetable broth or water
Put everything in the blender and blend. Super simple. And delicious.