Recipe: For All the Crumble Lovers…Easy Fruit Crumble
Hands down, a good fruit crumble is my favorite dessert. Of course, it has to be a healthy version.
Fruit crumble can be made with apples, berries, peaches, cherries, or some other combination. It really is up to you and your personal preference.
However, because berries are so high in antioxidants and phytonutrients nutrients, it is great to eat them in some form every day, and that includes in a healthy dessert!
Make this fruit crumble raw or cooked. Eat it raw to retain much more of those nutrients that help reduce your risk of cancer or of having a heart attack.
Either way, this is a healthy and delicious dessert.
- 3 apples, sliced or diced
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 lemon, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup each of:
- 2 dates, soaked in a little water for a few minutes to soften
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp cardamom, ground
- Put the apples, blueberries and lemon juice into a bowl and stir gently.
- Portion out into ramekins or all of into a pie plate or pan
- Put all of the crumble ingredients in the food processor and blend. You may need to add a little of the soaking water that was used for the dates so that it is not too dry. Keep the crumble chunky.
- Cover the fruit filling with the crumble mixture
You can put it into the dehydrator at 42 C or 118 F for a few hours (my favorite).
If you don’t have a dehydrator, put it in your oven at the lowest temperature.
You can bake it at 350 F or 180 C for approximately 30 minutes
Or, you can eat it as is.